If you didn’t catch my introduction to the Sample Sunday project then let me summarize for you. Each week I will be testing 5 of my many many samples and then following up with my thoughts and my ultimate decision to purchase the full size or not.
Here are my thoughts on this past week’s samples!
1. Sunday Riley – TIDAL Brightening Enzyme Water Cream – I feel like I need some more time with this cream to decide if I should purchase the full size or not. I initially liked it, it felt smooth and comfortable on the skin. It was a very thick cream so for me it would definitely be more of a night cream. I didn’t notice any amazing effects on my skin though and for the Sunday Riley price tag of $65, I want to be sure that I will like it before purchasing.
2. Becca – First Light Priming Filter (Instant Complexion Refresh) – I actually got a few uses out of this sample which was a nice value. It felt really nice on the skin, I feel like it filled my pores and added a soft illuminating affect. I am definitely interested in using more of this primer. Right now, I am super curious about the Touch In Sol – No Poreblem Primer but I am still holding off until I use up a few of my current primers. But, ultimately, I did enjoy this and am interested in buying a full size!
3. Yves Saint Laurent – Black Opium Perfume – I know the is a cult favorite for so many people but I just don’t think this scent is special. It doesn’t make me feel confident or sexy. Don’t get me wrong, it smells nice. If you like vanilla / coffee / musk then you would like this perfume. I am glad I tried it since so many people love it but its not a perfume that I will be purchasing.
4. Sephora – 10HR Wear Perfection Foundation – I really like this foundation! It was a really nice shade match and had decent coverage. I would say its more of a light to medium coverage which is fine for me. I would definitely buy the full size.
5. Clinique – Stay Matte Universal Blotting Powder – I have gotten quite a few of uses out of this blotting powder. I am not particularly oily so I mainly used this powder as a setting powder instead of a touchup in the middle of the day. It is pretty decent but I don’t notice anything special so I don’t think I will be purchasing.
Next week (February 11th- 17th) I will be trying the following samples.
1. NARS – Velvet Matte Foundation Stick
2. Hello FAB – Coconut Skin Smoothe Priming Moisturizer
3. Atelier Cologne – Vanilla Insensee
4. Rossano Ferretti Parma – Intenso 03 Softening and smoothing shampoo and hair mask
5. Algenist – Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream
Stay tuned for next week if you like this series and please let me know your thoughts on any of the products that I listed above, I would love to know!