If you didn’t catch my introduction to the Sample Sunday project then let me summarize for you. Each week I will be testing 5 of my many many samples and then following up with my thoughts and my ultimate decision to purchase the full size or not.
Here are my thoughts on this past week’s samples!
- Sunday Riley – TIDAL Brightening Enzyme Water Cream – I feel like I need some more time with this cream to decide if I should purchase the full size or not. I initially liked it, it felt smooth and comfortable on the skin. It was a very thick cream so for me it would definitely be more of a night cream. I didn’t notice any amazing effects on my skin though and for the Sunday Riley price tag of $65, I want to be sure that I will like it before purchasing.
- Becca – First Light Priming Filter (Instant Complexion Refresh) – I actually got a few uses out of this sample which was a nice value. It felt really nice on the skin, I feel like it filled my pores and added a soft illuminating affect. I am definitely interested in using more of this primer. Right now, I am super curious about the Touch In Sol – No Poreblem Primer but I am still holding off until I use up a few of my current primers. But, ultimately, I did enjoy this and am interested in buying a full size!
- Yves Saint Laurent – Black Opium Perfume – I know the is a cult favorite for so many people but I just don’t think this scent is special. It doesn’t make me feel confident or sexy. Don’t get me wrong, it smells nice. If you like vanilla / coffee / musk then you would like this perfume. I am glad I tried it since so many people love it but its not a perfume that I will be purchasing.
- Sephora – 10HR Wear Perfection Foundation – I really like this foundation! It was a really nice shade match and had decent coverage. I would say its more of a light to medium coverage which is fine for me. I would definitely buy the full size.
- Clinique – Stay Matte Universal Blotting Powder – I have gotten quite a few of uses out of this blotting powder. I am not particularly oily so I mainly used this powder as a setting powder instead of a touchup in the middle of the day. It is pretty decent but I don’t notice anything special so I don’t think I will be purchasing.
Next week (February 11th- 17th) I will be trying the following samples.
- NARS – Velvet Matte Foundation Stick
- Hello FAB – Coconut Skin Smoothe Priming Moisturizer
- Atelier Cologne – Vanilla Insensee
- Rossano Ferretti Parma – Intenso 03 Softening and smoothing shampoo and hair mask
- Algenist – Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream
Stay tuned for next week if you like this series and please let me know your thoughts on any of the products that I listed above, I would love to know!