I’m back with another Sample Sunday! If you have no idea what I am talking about, go back to my Sample Sunday Project Introduction where I basically explain that I am trying to use up my samples that I have received.
So far I am loving this project because I have already found some items that I would love to buy the full size of! I think samples are such an amazing way to get to try a bunch of products so you can figure out what really works for you.
So with all that being said, this is what I thought of last weeks samples!
- NARS – Velvet Matte Foundation Stick – I was pretty impressed with this foundation sample. I got about 4 uses out of it which is pretty generous. It worked out perfectly because I just used up the foundation that I was using so I am glad to have thrown a foundation in for this week. This was the first stick foundation that I have tried, of course the usability of the sample verses that actual foundation stick are a bit different but overall I did enjoy this foundation. It is a medium coverage and I didn’t really notice that you could build it up too much so I don’t think it would be good if you are looking for a full coverage foundation. I don’t think I would really purchase the full size even though I did enjoy it because its $45 and to me its not really worth that much.
- Hello FAB – Coconut Skin Smoothe Priming Moisturizer – This primer / moisturizer was just okay. I really enjoyed the scent because I do love coconut but that really isn’t enough for me to buy this. I don’t think it was a particularly great primer or a particularly great moisturizer. It did feel nice on the skin, it was cooling but also a little sticky which I didn’t mind. It just isn’t for me.
- Atelier Cologne – Vanilla Insensee – This perfume really isn’t for me. It smells really nice, just like vanilla as you would expect. This just isn’t my signature scent so I didn’t really enjoy using it. Would not purchase.
- Rossano Ferretti Parma – Intenso 03 Softening and smoothing shampoo and hair mask – I think this is the biggest flop for samples this week. There was not enough shampoo or hair mask to cover my hair at all. My hair isn’t even thick or long so I don’t know how anyone is expected to try this brand out with that sample. AND if it takes that much shampoo and hair mask to cover my hair then I would probably blow through the full size of these products. The shampoo is $39 and the hair mask is $65 so no, I’m not going to be buying that.
- Algenist – Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream – This was the best product I tried this week! It was absolutely lovely. I loved the smell and the feeling. It was cooling so so smoothing on the skin. But oh my goodness, as I am writing this, I just went to the Sephora website to add this to my Loves list and it is $112. No wonder why I liked it. I won’t be buying this at that price but I have been seeing a lot of Algenist products at TJMaxx and Marshalls lately so if I find it there, I will definitely swoop it up.
Next week I will be trying the following samples:
- Algenist – Genius Liquid Collagen
- Dr. Roebuck’s – Face Moisturizer
- Dolce & Gabbana – Light Blue
- Kat Von D – Lock It Makeup Setting Spray
- Bite Beauty – Agave Lip Mask
Let me know if you have tried any of these products and what you think about them! I am really liking this project so far, so stay tuned for next week! Have a great Sunday!