I am back at it again with another Sample Sunday! If you are wondering how long this series could possibly go on, well let me tell you that I still have a MILLION samples. We still have a while to go in order to use them all up and fortunately / unfortunately I got so many more from the VIB sale as well so this series will continue to go on for now.
This is what I thought of last week’s samples:
1. YvesSaintLaurent – Glossy Stain Lippie – This lippie is interesting. I haven’t quite made up my mind about it. I feel like it is beautiful and easy to apply but it also feels kind of sticky. I noticed a few times where I would rub my lips together and the color would build up in certain places but then I would look at it later in the day and thought it looked beautiful. I don’t think I am ultimately going to purchase, I just don’t wear lip products enough to justify the price.
2. Atelier Cologne – Orange Sanguine – If you have been following this series, then you would know that I have already tried a few others Atelier Colognes. Up to this point, I have loved every single one but the Orange Sanquine just smells like straight orange. I don’t really think it is anything special. I definitely won’t be purchasing.
3. Sephora – Instant Moisture + Cream – I like this moisturizer, it did have a strong floral scent which I usually don’t like too much fragrance in my skincare but it did feel like on my skin. I don’t think I would purchase this unless I was really desperate for a moisturizer but when does it ever come to that really?
4. Shiseido – Eye Contour Cream – I have fallen in love with this eye cream. It feels amazingly moisturizing and smoothing on my eyes. I felt like my it jived well with my skin – sometimes my eyes are be a little watery after I apply an eye cream but this one just felt amazing. I think I would purchase this later in my life when I am more concerned about wrinkles. It is kind of expensive for an eye cream but it really does feel nice.
5. LXMI – Pure Nilotica Melt -This product (not sure if it is actually a moisturizer or what) was also one of my favorites for the week! I was a little surprised by the texture, it came out kind of thick with some small beads in it. It almost seemed like it was going to be an exfoliator but as you rub it into your skin, it just melts (hence the name). It felt amazing and really nice at night before going to bed. I don’t think I am going to purchase this though, I am just not sure it has a place in my routine.
For next week, I will be testing out these samples:
- Urban Decay – Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Dior – Miss Dior Eau De Parfume
- VERB – Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner
- Bobbi – Brown – Instant Full Cover Concealer
- Supergoop! – Everyday Sunscreen
I was thinking of doing an empties post with all of my samples that I have used up so far, what are your thoughts on that?
Overall, this series is still strong. I have a lot of samples to still work through so stay tuned until next week! Let me know your thoughts on any of the samples above, I would love to know!