Welcome back to another Sample Sunday post and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I still can’t believe we are in 2019 and this is the first sample Sunday post of the year. So I have to be honest… I don’t think I am going to continue this series throughout the entire year. I am thinking of giving it up once we hit 52 weeks.
Although I like this series, it is fun to try new things each week. And I still have 100 million samples – I think this series isn’t as fun as it was in the beginning. I want to mix up my content this year and do more reviews on my full size items. I also don’t want an excuse to hoard samples. My intention was to use up all my samples but I have just as many as I did at the beginning of last year.
I also don’t want to be even more tempted to buy something I don’t need. I am on a low buy this year and I want to be really intentional with my purchased. So I have about 4 more weeks with this series.
So without further ado, here is what I thought of last week’s samples.
1. Fresh – Soy Face Cleanser – I have used this deluxe cleanser a few times in my Sample Sunday series. It is a really gentle cleanser – great for sensitive skin. I really do enjoy it but I don’t’ think it is anything amazing. I have plenty of cleansers so I am not planning to pick this up anytime soon.
2. Too Faced – Primed & Peachy Matte Perfecting Primer – I also recently used another one of these deluxe samples in my 7 by New Years project pan. I really like this primer, it does a great job of blurring the pores and it smells so nice. I already have a large size of this primer so no need to buy another!
3. Clinique – Clarifying Lotion Exfoliator – I didn’t actually use this exfoliator this week. I mentioned this in another post but I had a chemical peel last week so I was trying to be extra sensitive to my skin. I didn’t feel like it needed to be exfoliated anymore so I am putting this back in the sample bin.
4. Tarte Cosmetics – Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation – I used this foundation a couple of times this week. It is just okay. It is a really thick formula so it was somewhat hard to blend and it wasn’t a perfect match for me. Not horrible but I have other favorites. I really like the Tarte Water Foundation but this one was just okay.
5. Tom Ford – Neroli Portofino Perfume – This perfume is really interesting. When I first spray it, it seems too strong and kind of mature. But the longer I wear it, the more I like it. It has a nostalgic scent to it and it lasts forever! Its definitely a high quality perfume. But I don’t need any new perfume!
Here are the samples that I am going to use next week!
- Josie Maran – 100% Argan Oil Organic Moisturizing Oil
- Jo Malone – Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne
- Milk Makeup – Sleep In a Stick De-Puff & Hydrate Under Eyes
- Urban Decay – Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Sephora – 10HR Wear Perfection Foundation
Well, that is it for me today! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Let me know down below what you think of any of these items that I mentioned! I would LOVE to know!