I am SO EXCITED about today’s post – I am a little behind because I was nominated for this “Blogger Recognition Award” back in late February but better late than never! The lovely Newbury Girl (LP) nominated me for this post and I seriously am so appreciative. It warms my heart to connect with other bloggers around the world. LP actually nominated several of my favorite bloggers so please check out her Blogger Recognition Award post.
Rules of the Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 bloggers to whom you want to give this award
- Let each Blogger know that you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I Started Tayler’s Edit
I got REALLY into makeup a few years ago because of YouTube (what else?) and around the same time I came across Influenster. One of my best friends had just received a VoxBox with a bunch of makeup and I was excited to see if I could receive free makeup too. So I started reviewing a bunch of items on the Influenster app and I realized that I could be expanding on reviews and building up a blog of my own.
It was funny because I was always excited about writing reviews of new items, I would kind of talk to myself and explain why I liked or didn’t like a product. I was also buying a lot of new makeup and kept thinking it didn’t make so much sense for one person to have that much makeup for no reason.
My parents actually set me up with a blog when I was in middle school and then I had another blog when I was studying abroad in England but I never stuck with it. But I found a passion in makeup and really wanted to share it.
I still haven’t told a lot of people about my blog – I feel like this is normal for bloggers? My family and close friends know but it is definitely something that I keep to myself. Although I LOVE blogging now that I am sharing my passion.
Advice for New Bloggers
- Just Get Started! – I know this is such a basic piece of advise but it really is helpful. You cannot possibly wait for everything to be perfect because it never will be! If you are interested in starting a blog, you just have to start. I think people get caught up on a couple of things before they start a blog.
A. What are you going to name your blog? LP from the Newbury Girl is the perfect example of why you shouldn’t worry about this. She went through a couple of blog names and ideas before she settled on The Newbury Girl and now she is thriving.
B. What will your blog be about? Again, something that should be flexible! You might think that your blog is going to be all about makeup, food, or health when you first start but then you might realize that although you LOVE food, its hard to write about and you would rather just focus on makeup. It’s okay to change your mind!
- Write About What You Love! – As someone who had blogs in the past but didn’t keep them up, I have realized how important it is to write about something that you love. I have endless things that I can talk about when it comes to beauty products. I love exploring new items and sharing my thoughts. I also love project panning and anti-hauls. I have to admit that I am really proud of myself for keeping up with Tayler’s Edit for over a year now!
I will also say that I completely agree with LP’s advice to get social with other bloggers. This has made a huge difference on my blog and it’s a lot of fun to connect with other people!
My nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award
- Allie @ AVLovesMakeup
- Cleia @ Always, Cleia
- Polished & Inspired
- Kelly @ Mascara & Math
- Maaike @ Floating In Dreams
- Suzy Sells Sea Shells
- Ellie @ Tauriste
- Chrisinda @ The Gordon Edit
- On a Beauty Blender
- Brittney @ Centsible Blonde
- Bubie @ Bubie’s Blog
- Antariksha @ Infinite Reflections
- Molly @ Molly Kauper
- Rachel @ Helpless Whilst Drying
I know everyone will not write this post but I wanted to share 15 bloggers that constantly inspire and motivate me! They are all amazingly talented bloggers. Just like LP said, I hope that if nothing else, this nomination brings a smile to your faces.
And that about covers this Blogger Recognition Post! Please let me know down below what bloggers inspire you! I would LOVE to know.
Follow me on Instagram: @taylersedit