Welcome back to another Sample Sunday post! I can’t believe we are on the fifteen post of this series. I have definitely gone through a lot of samples so far but trust me, I still have plenty!
Here is what I though of last week’s samples:
1. Nest Fragrances – Black Tulip Eau De Parfum – This perfume is nothing special to me. It smells nice but it doesn’t smell amazing. I am definitely not interested in purchasing the full bottle.
2. Boscia – Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel – Bosica is one of those brands that I just really like. This gel was really soothing, I could feel a split cooling feeling when I applied it this morning. I was a little surprised that it came out a charcoal black color, even though it says it’s the “black hydration gel.” I think this would be something I am interested in in the future but I have a few hydrating products that I am already trying to work through so although I enjoyed this, I won’t be purchasing just yet.
3. Origins – Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega – Mushroom Skin Relief – I am not sure how I feel about this facial lotion yet. I really liked the feel of it on my skin but this one sample didn’t make a difference with my skin. It just felt a little moisturizing but not much else. I don’t plan to purchase this right now.
4. Smashbox – Photo Finish Lid Primer – So this sample was interesting. I really liked it when I initially applied it to my eyelids, it evened out my skin tone and was really smoothing. As soon as I applied Tempera (from the ABH Modern Renaissance) to set the primer, it caused my eyelids to get a few dry patches. It just looked horrible. I went a head and continued with my makeup and it ended up fine but I won’t be buying this primer. I will give another sample a chance but I’m not into it right now.
5. Marc Jacobs – Shameless 24 Hour Foundation (and Undercover Perfecting Primer) – This is the star sample from this past week. I really liked the primer and the foundation in this sample. The foundation was medium coverage but it looks really nice on my skin and it was super comfortable. I felt like it lasted all day because of the primer also. I don’t think I am going to purchase this though, at least not right away. I still have plenty of foundations to work through.
For next week, I will be using these samples:
- Sol de Janeiro – Brazilian Bum Bum Cream (I already own the full size of this)
- BVLGARI – Omnia Coral Eau De Toilette
- BareMinerals – Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion
- Cover FX – Shimmer Veil
- Bobbi Brown – Skin Foundation Stick
That is about it for me today! Let me know your thoughts on any of the products that I mentioned above! I would love to know!